Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Monday, August 12, 2002

The last few days have been wonderful and crazy all at the same time. Friday was like my birthday at work, everyone was so great. It makes me want to quit work every all the time. It was hard saying good-bye to everyone though. As much as I don't like working, I'm going to miss it.

Friday night we had a going away party for Denise and I. Saturday Liz, Denise and I went to the pool up at Mount Vernon. We ate fried chicken, played in the water... it felt like summer is supposed to feel: carefree. Then we had a party at Las Placitos with lots of margaritas! Today I laid out by the pool with Megan, then came back to chaos. After Sex in the City, Denise went on a packing rampage... there are clothes flying all over the room. She leaves tomorrow for Chicago and then off to Ghana. Liz Holmes is currently trying to lock her in the room. She says that if she locks Denise in the bedroom and me in the bathroom then we can't leave her. I'm being locked in the bathroom 'cause I told her I would just climb out the window. I'm going to miss Liz a lot. My emotions are very mixed right now. I'm excited to be leaving on an adventure. I'm happy that I'm going to see my family. But I'm also sad to be leaving my friends, afraid that things will not be the same when I return. And a little anxious about going to Japan. I haven't been studying Japanese very much this summer. Hopefully I will pick it up quickly once I get there.

That's all for now, I have to get back to shoving things into boxes and suitcases. Ugh, everytime I think I'm close to done I find 20 more things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home