Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Denise is going to be so proud of me, I'm learning all about baseball, because we watch baseball every night. My host sister jumps up and down screaming at the dinner table. It's hilarious just to watch her (she is 14 and very spirited about everything). Everyone in Japan is very interested in baseball. Ichiro is like a national hero, and they are all absolutely devoted to their teams. My host grandmother in Kanazawa (she was 83) would start jumping up and down yelling when her team got a home run. She was so cute.

If anyone is putting together a care package (hint hint) and wants to know what to put in it I would love love love Constant Comet tea. That is the only flavor I can't seem to find and I am desperately craving it. Even one package stuffed inside a letter would be wonderful. I can find a lot of American foods here (I even found Baskin Robbins candy), but there are a few things that I can't find. Most of what I eat is fish and tufe and vegetables, which is very healthy. But every once in awhile I want meat, so the other day I had to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken. The funny thing is that they were playing American Country Music inside. I felt right at home.

Hanga (woodblock printing) class starts in a few minutes, so I have to be going. I really really hope that it is not in Japanese, because Shodo is taught entirely in Japanese. Ugh! Hope to hear from you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home