Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Friday, October 28, 2005

Expanding closets
When I am out shopping and see something I want (but don't need) I can usually convince myself that I don't have closet space for it. No where to put it. That excuse went out the window with my new apartment. Now I have a dearth of closets; I am the Bill Gates of storage space. This being the case I have had to come up with new excuses not to buy things. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. It doesn't match my tatami mat.
2. It won't fit in my bike basket.
3. What would the neighbors say?
4. I think I already own 6 of these (in boxes somewhere in my parents basement).
5. I don't feel like speaking Japanese to the people who work there.
6. There are too many school girls giggling around me.
7. There are so many layers of plastic wrapping that I am not totally sure what it is I want to buy.
8. Speaking of school girls-- every school girl I saw today owns one of these. Definitely not for me.
9. I don't own an iron.
10....


On a vaguely related note that only people who have read "House of Leaves" will understand: I think my closets are expanding. Seriously. And yesterday I noticed a cabinet that I have never seen before. If you don't hear from me I am probably lost in one of my new doorways that just appeared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home