Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Monday, August 14, 2006

After a 3 train ride we hiked an hour to the cabin. It is right on the edge of Lake Baikal. The day was perfect. We sat by the water and hiked over to a nearby tunnel for the Circum-Baikal Railroad.



After lunch we went rock climbing. Ruan did really well. I was a bit nervous but ended up loving it. I was so focused on getting to the top that I forgot to be nervous or scared. Once I reached the top I was so pumped full of adrenaline. I felt so alive and high (literally and figuratively; emotionally and physically). I suddenly understood adrenaline junkies and the crazy things they do. I felt so good and proud of myself.

After climbing we went back to the cabin and Migheil, Ruan and I jumped into the lake. They say that if you put your hands in you add 1 year to your life, your feet add 5 years and if you jump in you add 20 years. I talked Migheil into jumping in a second time with me. I don't think it was much colder than Tahoe, but it was still cold. It felt good though, it stopped my muscles from aching, it stopped the mosquito bites from itching and made me feel fresh and alive.


Swimming at Lake Baikal...brrrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home