Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

When I leave Reno I always manage to forget how small Reno is (for a city of 350,000 people). Last thursday I went out to coffee with Christy at Denny's. In one corner of Denny's there were 6 people who had graduated with Christy and I from McQueen. What are the chances of that. They weren't particularly people that I liked or really wanted to talk to, but it was funny that we ran into them. One of the girls I had been good friends with in 8th grade has already been married, had a kid, and gotten a divorce. That's a bit scary. Then I was at the park volunteering for a Dean event. I was talking to a little old lady who was also working the event. She not only knows my mother from docenting at the art museum, but I went to school with her granddaughter. I think there were a few more connections in there also. There are a million connections in Reno. It's like Gina's "Who are your parents?" game she always like to play. In some ways it is nice to always be connected, but I was rather use to being anonymous in DC9', and it is hard to go back to strangers walking up to you in the grocery store and telling you how much you look like your mother ("Excuse me, who are you?").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home