Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, August 23, 2003

For the past several weeks I have been caught up so much in my own excitement and activity with moving that I completely forgot something crucial. I may be moving on to something very exciting, but I am leaving behind something very good. The last three and a half years at GW have been incredible. I have become a completely different person. Perhaps not, perhaps I just view the world in a different way and have become more comfortable with who I am and what I want. One of the things that I have realized is important is living my dreams, not letting things go. And that is why I am going to Japan. No matter what happens I will never be able to look back and regret this.

In the midst of all of this though, I realized how much I am going to miss what I am leaving behind. I have made a few friends, not a lot, but a precious few, who have impacted my life so much that I will never be able to let them go completely. Saying good-bye to Gina tonight broke my heart. I tried to tell her how much she has meant to me, what a good friend she has been, but I can't. I don''t know how to articulate feelings like that, I only hope that she can read my mind. Gina was my roommate my sophmore year, and was such a good friend and roommate to me at a time in my life when I needed both. Until a few hours ago I had forgotten how difficult saying good-bye is. I don't know when I will see Gina again. Perhaps when we both move to Italy with Erin and again live out our dreams. So....

Today is brought to you by the letter G:

G stands for GREAT. Today was great. The last 3.5 years have been great.

G also stands for Gina, because I love that crazy girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home