Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Defeated, I embrace technology
When I moved into my apartment I had this beautiful picture in my head of me spurning technology. I don’t need cable TV! I won’t watch any TV! I don’t need the internet. I am fully capable of entertaining myself. Think of the creativity that will flow when I am not being distracted. The time I will have to read and write and paint and knit and… do other creative things. I really did try. I read 2 or 3 books a week. My walls are covered in my interesting attempts at modern art. The scarves are piling up in the closet. My hard-drive is filling up with my ramblings. And somehow I still feel a bit at loose ends. Perhaps it is my conditioning in our modern world that makes me unable to fill time by myself. Perhaps I just need to escape from my thoughts into the unreality of movies. Sometimes when I am tired I don’t have the energy to be creative, I just want to vegetate. I don’t actually know the reason, but I do know that I gave in. I bought a DVD player, found a video store near my house and I am incredibly happy now. So much for my beautiful picture, give me Hollywood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home