Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Some general complaints about Russian tourism and sightseeing places:
1.The entry fees are so high! It’s like Japan, which is ridiculous because it’s Russia!
2.Charging to enter a working church? What ever happened to being able to worship freely? HA! Not if you are a tourist in Russia. (I will grant that I am not Russian Orthodox, so I am not going to worship. Christina on the other hand is Russian Orthodox and would like to worship, but she has to pay $5 to get in and pray just like the rest of us).
3.If I paid (an exorbitant) entry fee I shouldn’t have to pay another $5 to take pictures. I understand not allowing pictures of frescos that are degraded by flash, but to pay for taking pictures of gardens or the outside is ridiculous.
4.Different prices for foreigners and locals. Grrrr. It’s like they are admitting to ripping us off.
5.Crowds! Ack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home