Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Last night Ruan took me out to dinner at a beautiful restaurant called Cynthia’s. After dinner we got in the car and started driving, but he wouldn’t tell me where we were going! Finally we pulled off the road onto a small dirt road and bumped along for a few minutes before pulling into a place called the Sundowner’s Lodge. We went into our room which was beautiful (the Big Five Room because of the decorations) and Ruan asked me to marry him! I said yes of course! He had champagne waiting on ice (along with flowers and chocolates and candles). It was beautiful and romantic and I am very, very happy.



Ruan is going to move to Reno with me as soon as we get his visa situation figured out. Obviously I am disappointed that we won’t be together for a little while, but I am also very excited about starting our new life together.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger kate said…

    Carissa, I'm so happy for you! I haven't been good at reading and keeping up, but I'm glad you came back to the states and I'm so glad that you're happy.

    We're doing well, and have often thought of you!

    love, kate

    Kate dot Myers at Gmail dot com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home