Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Today I made friends and figured out how to program phone numbers into my phone. Today was a good day.

I also didn't fail my quiz, and I am meeting my host family from Kanazawa's daughter and her boss for dinner. I'm not really sure why her boss is coming along. I have noticed that I tend to be treated like a trained seal in this country though. People are brought over to 'meet the foreigner' and I perform by speaking my few words of Japanese, they practice English with me for a few minutes and then I am ignored. It is like I am the entertainment provided for the night. I'm pretty sure that is why the boss is coming along. So he can talk to a gaijin while he drinks his beers. I honestly don't mind that much, it means I get to meet a lot of people (even if I do have to perform).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home