Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, August 07, 2003

I went to another Dean Meet-up last night. It really is amazing how well organized Dean's campaign is. They handed out packets with envelopes, paper, the names of two undecided Democratic Hew Hampshire voters, stamps and an article to include in our letters. Dean's popularity in the polls surged after people wrote letters to Iowa to convince voters there. I imagine that getting a hand written letter is much more likely to sway a voter than a random form letter. It also makes me feel involved (without putting in much of a time committment) which means I will still be feeling involved later on when they need more people (ok, so I might be in Japan, but it will work for everyone else).

Other news: Aaron's going away party (the Seventies Costume Party) was a general success (I believe). He left for Japan and although I've only heard from him once since he left, he sounded like he was having a fabulous time. I love planning parties so I am currently planning my own Bon Voyage Party with an Eighties theme. Making people dress up is a never ending source of amusement. It's amazing to think that it could be years before I visit the east coast again and see my friends out here. I'm so excited about going to Japan and looking forward, that I forget that in moving forward you lose part of what you have at the moment.

Erin and I are going to see Peter Paul and Mary tomorrow night at Wolf Trap. I am very excited about this. My mother always sang their songs to me when I was little, so it will be neat to see them live. Erin has met one of them before, but I can't remember which one. Hopefully it won't rain on our picnic. I AMSOEXCITED!

More news about my name (complements of Mr.N): apparently Carissa is edible (don't get any bright ideas though). Go Here for more info.

Oh,and CALIFORNIA is crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home