Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Monday, August 30, 2004

So the Fukui festival was canceled because of flooding, which meant no dancing (and public humiliation) for me. But then, miracle of miracles, they rescheduled the dancing part of the festival. I was bit nervous having missed almost all of the practices in August, but it turned out very well. I was really worried while I was dancing but then I looked up and the new teacher from Colorado (Sean) was smiling and waving, then I looked the other direction and Anthony and Maiko were waving. If there are at least a few friendly faces in an audience it makes it easier to pretend the rest of the audience doesn't exist. It was a lot of fun! I have another performance in October (and I am going to all of the practices this time).

So Sean just got to Fukui yesterday and I immediately dragged him off to watch me dance. He is really nice and I think we are going to get along well (you always worry a bit before you meet someone. I remember thinking that Gina was going to be a crazy axe-weilding psycho and although a bit crazy at times I never once saw an axe in our dorm room). So I have a good feeling about this. Although I am very sad to see John leaving. We have been very close friends for 9 months and now he is moving to the other side of the country (which is considerably closer than the other side of the world i.e. England).

I have been very bad about blogging and I'm sorry. Please send all complaints to our customer service center, where they will be read and, if uncomplimentary, quickly deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home