Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My friend Nichola is leaving in a few days which makes me incredibly sad! However on a slightly lighter note she has received some adorable good-bye cards from her students. I wanted to quote some of them here (all spelling is in the original):

"Dear Nichola, I'm schoked to hear that you'll leave Japan. Sadly, I've taken your class for only a short period. You are kind, cheerful and a good actress! So I really enjoyed your classes." (Nichola is thinking of moving to Hollywood now to embark on her acting career! Geos has been fabulous training for her apparently.)

"Hi, Nichola. In fact, I don't want to write a farewell letter, but I want you to memorize to me forever. So, I write this letter for you. I still remember well the day we first met at the GEOS. Then you had a tender smile and, you kindly exposed to me. I was very glad. And I want to be a best friend with you. The meeting with you made a chance I earnestly study English. Then every Nichola's lesson, I always thought "if only I could talked everything with you!" At the same time I was impatient because I couldn't told what I want to say. I'll really miss you... I wish you stayed here forever. Nichola is the best teacher in the world! Please don't forget about me when you back to England. Someday, I'll become a good speaker in English. So, please talk to me again. I'm looking forward to meet you again with you. And I'm going to send e-mail. I had very, very, very enjoyed your lesson! Thank you very much for everything. Please say hello to your family. Your friends, Yuya." (This is from a 17-year-old boy who is madly in love with Nichola and asked her to sign his basketball bag.)

I am going to miss Nichola madly. I will never forget all the nights that she brought me Hagendaz Ice cream to cheer me up (always Green Tea because she knows me so well), the nights we drank red wine and played on the swings in the park, the nights of game after game of cards (just one more, really) and the crazy nights at Bear's Bar. She has been such a good friend to me while I have been here (perhaps better than I deserved) and has made this time in Japan all the more special. I only hope that I will in the future be able to find more friends as wonderful as she is. I also hope that she doesn't mind when I visit her and crash on her couch in London for a month =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home