Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, December 11, 2004

When it rains it pours (literally):

I have had a difficult week, I wasn't feeling well and went home early from work on Thursday and Friday (the 2nd and 3rd sick days in the last year). So this morning I get up and am determined to go to work (Saturday's are my most difficult day- 8 classes and 10.5 hours long). I get to work and I'm still not feeling great but I am managing, lunch finally arrives and I am looking forward to going home and relaxing for a little bit. I arrive home to find.... my apartment covered in water (I was a little suspicious about the puddle of water outside my front door). The ceiling panels in the shower room and the bathroom (toilets are separate from showers in Japan) both somehow leaked water and it flooded over into the kitchen. I'm not feeling well and don't want to deal with it, but I start mopping up the water (I can scrub after work). Then I knock over a glass that I was cleaning paintbrushes in, it of course shatters. So now my shower is covered in broken glass and water and I'm hungry and don't know if I can be bothered to deal with any of this. So yeah, when it rains, it pours. Literally. From my ceiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home