Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I hate to always be complaining but this one warrants a blog.

The heaters in the school went on the fritz yesterday morning before classes started. I thought they would eventually warm up, but they didn't. We kept thinking our manager would call someone to fix them, instead she kept vacuuming the filters hoping that would make the problem go away. So we were all really cold yesterday. I assumed (incorrectly again) that the heaters would be fixed today. HA HA HA. Another day with no heat. It is freezing in Fukui and we had no heat all day. I actually taught my classes today wearing my winter coat because it was too cold to take it off! The poor children! The poor teachers! Poor me! Turns out the reason we haven't gotten it fixed yet is because the head office has to have a lot of people approve calling someone to fix it before we can call someone to fix it (and if they don't approve it we never get heat again?). Sean and I think we should cancel school because it is so cold but the manager doesn't agree. The whole situation is ridiculous in my opinion! How can you have a children's school with no heat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home