Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I think the traveling to starting to wear me down a bit. I was pretty cranky and slow this morning (a filthy shower didn’t improve my mood).

We went to VDNK which Ruan had described as “some old communist buildings” but ended up being absolutely amazing. During the Soviet Era the government had built beautiful, huge monuments to various groups and countries in the Union. Now the whole area is like a park with flowers, fountains, restaurants and shops. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday and tons of Moscovites were out enjoying themselves. It was a very festive atmosphere. People were biking, rollerblading, sitting in the sun, lunching. It was most light-hearted I have seen Russians be (so far).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home