Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, September 17, 2002

From Friday, because blogger hates me:

So much to say.

I hate bureacracy first of all. I tried to buy a 3 month train pass this morning, after 4 different people had told me that I could use a credit card at this one specific stop (which was out of my way). But I went there this morngin before classes. Then they won't let me use a credit card, then they speak really fast in Japanese so I don't know what they are saying, then they won't let me back on the train. I snapped at one poor man and was going off in my broken Japanese and the guy didn't know what I was saying. He finally made a call which I know invovled the workd Gaijin (foreigner) and probably the word crazy repeatedly and then let me back on the train (without the pass though). I was ready to pull my hair out by the time I got to school this morning. They just can't make it simple.

I talked to my host mother and host sister yesterday about my host father. For those of you who don't know I've been having some problems with my host family. They assured me that he doesn't hate me and that he is just very blunt. My host mother's advice was to suck up to him. Fabulous. It did make me feel better to talk to them about it though, at least they know how I am feeling now.

I get to take Hanga again! They opened up another section, which is sooo exciting! That makes me love CJS again. CJS is the center for foreign students, and they have been so accomadating it is incredible. Especially after dealing with so much GW bureacracy all the time, it is refreshing to find someone that cares about the students. I also love my two culture classes. One is on Society and Language and deals with sexism in Japan and the heirarchy system as it is expressed through the language. The other one is the view America has of Japan (as expressed through fiction). We watched part of a movie about Mr. Moto. Mr. Moto is a Japanese international policeman, but he is played by a Hungarian man. The only actual Japanese actor in the whole movie is killed off in the first 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home