Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Friday, June 27, 2003

The more I think about Japan, the more I can't wait to go. I just can't believe that I have to wait until October. I'm so ready to go that I think I could pack in 4 hours and be ready for an evening flight (unfortunately that is not going to happen). My host sister, Yuki Demise, sent me some information about Fukui though. Yuki is the more adorable person ever and I can't wait to see her again! Part of why I am so excited about where I am going is because of how close I will be to my host family the Demises. They were the sweetest people and lots of fun. (This letter is also slightly edited):

Nice to hear from you, Carissa!

You finally make one of your wishes come true! Great! There is simple data from my note book. By the train it takes 1.5h from Fukui to Kanazawa. It costs about $30 by one of rapid trains. I don't know about Fukui well. But one of my cousin was a student of Fukui University. If I have a chance, I will introduce him. Kanazawa people usually are proud of Kanazawa is good place. Not so rapid fashion, Not so rural. Especially, such people say "Fukui is very country side place. There is no place to play for young people." It doesn't any meanings FOR ME. I think there is no difference between Fukui and Kanazawa. But I don't get use to hear Fukui-Ben ( Fukui dialect). Fukui-Ben is completely different from Kanazawa-Ben. I guess your hard time to understand it just like my Gran-ma's talking.

Anyway, I plan to go back to Kawakawa in August at the next. I will tell your news to my parents. They WILL get exited!
When you plan to be in Kanazawa, tell me the plan. It is impossible to pick up you on my way to Kanazawa because of Yuhka. But I can help you with the other way.

I hope we can see again! with my Baby & my Parents.

Later,

Yuki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home