Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, November 29, 2003

I went to visit the Demise's in Kanazawa for Thanksgiving (my old host family). Noone here understands Thanksgiving, so it was a bit of a disappointment (and no turkey to boot), but at least I was able to spend the day with family. I had a great time in Kanazawa. My host father took a few days off work and we ran around to art museums and viewing the koyou (changing colors of the leaves). It was awesome. We also went to an amazing temple called Natadera. They carved cave temples into the rocks and we had to climb around steep stairs also carved into the rocks.

If anyone is interested in experiments on growing mold, Japan is the place to come. After only 3 days away I returned to find at least 5 different kinds of mold growing in my refridgerator. ewwwww.

The Japanese also don't believe in public trash cans, which is very upsetting when one is sneaking around in the middle of the night in the rain trying to find somewhere to put one's moldy food. After 10 minutes I found a trashcan in a park. Ha ha ha.

Sometimes I think I might go crazy because although I am teaching all day, I don't really have many conversations (in English) that don't involve It's a book/It's a tree/It's a kite. I watch a decent amount of Cnn, Columbo and Night Rider though. Ha ha ha. That substitues for speaking English right? Cheesy sitcoms. I guess I just miss intellectual conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home