Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, October 16, 2003

So, only a week left!!!! The Japanese Consulate finally decided to cooperate and send me my Visa. I was getting a little nervous, but it all worked out and emergency trips to San Francisco were not necessary.

I've decided to be brave and have not gotten typhoid, yellow fever or meningitis shots. Those shots aren't necessary for Japan, but if I decide to go to Thailand or China (or the Philippines with Debbie) I could be taking my life in my hands. I got cavities filled yesterday and just couldn't stand the thought of another shot.

My future co-workers in Japan sent me a card to welcome me, which I thought was very nice. They are all fairly young and I think that working there is going to be a lot of fun. There are 7 Japanese women and a British guy. I'm sort of happy that I don't have to work with any Japanese men. Not that I don't like them, but I tend to not understand them (or their Japanese). The teacher that I am replacing sent me descriptions of all my classes and students. Saturdays I have 8 classes, Sunday through Tuesday I have 6 classes each day. None of my classes have more than 4 students though and most are only 45 minutes long. My youngest student is only 3 years old. My oldest student is... Well, I don't know, but she is the mother of one of my younger students. I'm a little nervous about the teaching part, but I am so excited. I'm happy that something I have wanted for awhile now is finally going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home