Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, December 11, 2003

So my poor Thyme plant was attacked by something worse than killer cockroaches (who seem to have taken the warning given by John and have not attempted to sleep in my futon again)--- MOLD! My innocent Thyme, before the seeds even sprouted, has become covered in mold. If I have to write a book about my time spent in Japan I think I will title it "The never-ending battle with Mold" That would be a real winner.

Speaking of books, I finished Forester's "A Passage to India" I enjoyed it, but found it very odd at the same time. It was full of sterotypes, and while it sortof dispelled some sterotypes, it reinforced other, and did nothing for some. I felt oddly disatisfied at the end of the book. I think that part of that stems from the time period I live in. I view many of the attitudes of the characters in the book as old fashioned because they are-- I think the book was published in the 1920s. Prejudice was much more accepted then than now.

I'm also reading "All Too Human" by Stephanopoulos (I just know I spelled that wrong). One great thing about having no social life and 3 days off a week is plenty of time to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home