Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Friday, January 30, 2004

So I went to the gym this morning for a class called "Body Pamper." I figured it was a cross between Yoga and stretching with lots of relaxing music and I was really looking forward to it. HA HA HA. I was sadly mistaken. There was no relaxing music, no yoga, just a lot of dumbbells. It was not called "Body Pamper" but "Body Pump." In Japanese pump is "Pannpu" and pamper is "Pannpe." Easy to see how I would have made that mistake.

The Japanese apparently don't believe in duffle bags. I have been trying to find one and everytime I ask someone where I could buy a duffle bag or a sports bag I get an empty look and they point down the street to distract me as they run away in the opposite direction. Not really. They really speak a lot of Japanese that isn't helpful while looking confused. They might as well point down the street and run for all the good it does me.

Tomorrow we are moving the office. They have been doing construction and expanding out school so that John and I will no longer have to share a classroom (it worked ok since we only worked 2 days a week together, but now we will be working together 5 days a week). What this moving tomorrow means is that after 10 hours of working (teaching 9 classes) I will have to stay for another 2 hours to help move all of the stuff in the office into the new space. Ack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home