Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, October 05, 2002

I thought I was going to die today. First day of swim team practice. In the middle I started to wonder what made me think that I could be on a swim team. I've never actually been on a swim team before (unless you count the month of swim team training I did in high school before getting bored and quitting). But they were very nice about my near death experience. They didn't even try to kick me off. I figure I will keep plugging away until I die or they kick me off.

So to be on the swim team I have to go to 4 practices a week. I have to write a weekly report about something to do with swimming (I'm a little unclear about this, but at my level of Japanese, anything I write will be a miracle). I also have to answer a page of questions for a magazine that is published yearly on the members of the swim team. It is the strangest list of questions I have ever recieved, and in a very odd order also. Here are some of the questions (and I swear I am not making this up):

1. Birthday, zodiac sign, and blood type?
2. Ideal significant other?
3. Why did you join the swimming team?
4. Favorite place?
6. Favorite Thing?
7. Favorite word?
8. Stress reliever
10. How do you want to propose/be proposed to? (yes we are talking about college students and marriage here)
11. What are you proud of
12. Message to the swim team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home