Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Well Japanese is over for the week. That means I can start thinking in English again. I had a mean and nasty Japanese written test and then an oral test where they asked me lots of questions and made me call the front desk of a hotel and complain about the service. I suppose that is useful stuff to know. But it is over! YEAH! This weekend I will be working at the Nanzan University Festival helping to make okonomiyaki for the swim team fundraiser. I am very excited, but I have to work 8am-5pm Friday and Saturday. I love the swim team though. I'm not really sure what the festival is going to be like, but it sounds similar to the Craft's Fair McQueen has every year, and those were always so much fun. Today I am off shoping to buy more clothes. Actually I really want to buy long underwear. It has become cold here and it turns out the Japanese don't believe in heating their houses (or classrooms). They are crazy. I was losing feeling in my toes as I ate breakfast this morning, then when I looked up I realized it is because the kitchen window was wide open. All of the windows in the school are open even though the classrooms are freezing. I'm going to come back to America a funny shade of blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home