Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, April 24, 2003

I think that I have begun to appreciate adults more in the last few weeks than I ever had before. Now I know that sounds strange, because I never realized that I wasn’t fully appreciating them. But I feel lately as though I am coming apart somewhat. There is so much to do before graduation, tests, papers, forms to turn in, tickets to pick up, etc., etc., etc. And I am experiencing so many emotions, happy, sad, scared of the future, uncertainty, and excitement. So then lately I have been talking to adults, family members, and I realize suddenly that they understand me. Completely understand what I am going through. And that is unique because I have always felt like adults didn’t really understand what I was going through. I was talking to my dad last week and he said that he went through the same thing when he was getting ready to graduate. I don’t think of my parents as ever having been stuck or indecisive. When I picture them growing up they always made the choice they did without any effort, like the actors in a movie, it’s just scripted that way so it happens. To suddenly realize not only was my father not always completely sure of himself, but he actually felt the way I do and understands what I am going through was a wonderful revelation. It made me feel closer to him and made me feel better about all of my concerns, if he didn’t know what he was doing at 22 and turned out all right, then I supposed I will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home