Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Everyone knows that in business word of mouth is a great way to get new business. As a teacher sometimes the same thing applies-- mothers will tell other mothers that a certain teacher is very good and parents will enroll their kids in that class. Something new and interesting has happened to me though-- 5-year-olds recommending my class to eachother. I teach one student in a private lesson and he told his friend that my class was a lot of fun. The second student convinced his mother to move him out of a Japanese teacher's lesson into mine. I find it amusing that the 5-year-olds discuss and recommend teachers. In reality the conversation probably was more along the lines of:

"Carissa lets me blow bubbles in class."
"Really? My teacher never lets me blow bubbles."
"Carissa also makes funny faces, lets me play darts, do puzzles and doesn't give me much homework."
"My teacher never makes funny faces, never lets me play with darts and always gives me homework... MOOOOMMMM! I want to be in Carissa's class!"

Well, whatever works.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bubbles!! Now that is a blast from the past!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home