Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Last night was amazing! I went to a charity concert for Tsunami Relief that ended up having amazing music (jazz and latin). While there my friend and I bumped into a Peruvian guy he knows and we got invited to a salsa club (who knew there was salsa in Fukui). The salsa club was a little strange, it was in an apartment building on the 4th floor. But the whole 4th floor was a big room with mirrors and music and a small bar. I'm not a great salsa dancer (having had few opportunities to try) but the Japanese are not great salsa dancers either so I fit right in. No one was worried about looking silly and it ended up being a ton of fun. I met a bunch of Peruvian guys who work in Fukui and it was amusing because they don't speak English and I don't speak Spanish so we had to talk in Japanese! Their Japanese was far better than mine but we managed. Their Japanese was also more understandable for me than a lot of Japanese people's Japanese (although they talk really fast). Then some Japanese guys told me about a huge salsa event in Kanazawa in a few weeks, so some friends and I are going to go up to that and salsa all night! How funny though... I come to Asia and learn to salsa!

http://www.salsa-marierossa.jp/p5.html

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey why are you having so many adventures when I am stuck in silly Reno Nevada....maybe because I will never graduate and have a real life. Anyways, I miss you a lot and am still waiting to here from you. Have fun.
    Love,
    Christy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home