Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Haru wa akebono

I was woken this morning at 6:30. Not a time I am use to being awake. In my semi-conscious state I went to the window and as I looked out I saw the reds, pinks and oranges of the sunrise. And despite my sleepy state I instantly recalled the words of Sei Shonagon, the famous Japanese authoress: "In spring it is the dawn that is most beautiful. As the light creeps over the hills, their outlines are dyed a faint red and wisps of purplish cloud trail over them." It was one of those still, quiet moments that seems to last forever although it was only a few seconds. But the moment ended and I fell back into bed, happy to have seen one of the first sunrises of this spring (some would argue that it isn't quite spring yet, but I'm convinced winter is over).

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    test

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    test? haha, well now its working, so i was just going to let you know that i am woken up everymorning by construction at 7. but i'm willing to wait it out cause when they are done, i will be able to see the pandas out my window!!!

    erin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home