Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Friday, March 04, 2005

Yet another reason I love Japan.

I went to get my hair cut today (it has been awhile and I was starting to look a little shaggy). But getting your hair cut in Japan isn't just a quick snip snip type of thing. It is an entire relaxation experience that takes at least 2 hours. They don't just wash your hair, they give you an entire head massage. After that, while you are waiting for the hairdresser, they give you a shoulder massage. Then they cut your hair, give you another head massage and then style your hair. The people at the salon I go to (BBID) are so nice and friendly. We chatted the whole time and the funny thing is that I find it easier to chat in Japanese with Japanese hairdressers than I ever have in America (chatting with American hairdressers in America as opposed to Japanese hairdressers in America). Another must for any travelers to Japan (put it right under Seeing Kyoto on the To Do list).

I have been living in Japan for a decent amount of time (it will be a total of 2 years by the time I leave) and I have only recently begun to feel like my Japanese is getting fluent. The irony is that I am improving so much right as I am about to leave. I will go home and forget all of my Japanese! What a waste.

Most of you have probably noticed but I have recently added comments on my blog so you can leave your messages of adoration and worship more easily now.

I am very done with winter. Where is spring hiding? Hurry up all ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home