Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Athens, Greece
A wind is blowing the robes that Aphrodite wears. They flutter in the wind. I am amazed that marble can move in such a way. Thousands of years ago men put their emotions, lives and souls into rock. Here I stand in modern times able to appreciate this piece of antiquity. The sun peeks through the clouds, the wind cools me off and I look up at the blue and white flag fluttering above. I try to imagine what this place was like before. Before the Ottoman’s invaded. Before the buildings crumbled. Before the tourists descended. I block out the voices and imagine I hear a bird softly chirping. The soft shuffle of feet and quiet whispers of prayers to the Gods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home