Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm back, but for such a short time. Thailand was great, but after 2 weeks I was ready to come back to Japan. After a few lovely, lovely days in Fukui I came to Tokyo for some orientating. I'm so excited about the Peace Boat now. After spending 2 days with the other English teachers and translators and coordinators I was bouncing around with anticipation. Everyone I'm going to be working with is wonderfully creative, energetic, funny and genuinely nice. They all truly want to make a difference in the world and the amazing thing is that they are the kind of people who individually are doing something about it. Making a difference. It is incredibly inspiring and I think after 3 months of being under their influence I will be a much different (and hopefully better) person. Sunday night there was a fundraiser to raise money to build a new wing for an orphanage in Sri Lanka. The fundraiser was incredibly fun (they had Salsa and belly dancing, and everyone was dancing), educational (slideshows) and meaningful.

I am staying with a friend in Chiba for a few more days. Friday I move onto the ship and Saturday I am going to sail around the world. I only see one problem with all of this- I am quickly running out of superlatives to describe how incredibly amazing my life is right now. Anyone who has some new words for me to use, feel free to contribute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home