Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I have found paradise. Ko Chang is so beautiful I never want to leave. Yesterday I signed up for a snorkeling trip/boat trip to 3 of the other islands around Ko Chang. They were great. The first stop had a picturesque beach with white sand, palm trees and perfect blue water. The snorkeling wasn't stunning (beautiful coral but not many fish) but the beach was great. The second stop we just went swimming and laid around on the beach. The third stop though had great snorkeling. The island could barely be called an island (I think it might entirely disappear at high tide). The coral was spectacular and there were stacks of fish though (I saw squid, sea cucumbers, sea anenomes, sea urchins, amond a million other things). The fish are use to being fed by the boats that come so they just crowded around us. It was great riding around on a boat all day just relaxing and taking in the scenary. I met 5 JETs on the boat and hung out with them all day. It's funny how much you can have in common with strangers. But we are all from America and have all been in Japan teaching English for about the same amount of time. It was a lot of fun (and much less lonely than enjoying the scenary by myself).

On a side note- I am very happy that I decided not to go to Cambodia on this trip. I'm sure it would have been fine, and I am still dieing to see Ankor Wat, but my new JET friends told me some stories about their adventure that made me think doing it alone would have been stupid. They had a great time, but said that if there weren't a group it would have been terrifying at certain times. So Cambodia will have to wait until another trip.

Just 2 more days on the beach and then off to Bangkok...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home