Carissa's Exploits and Fabulous Adventures




Japan Round Two

Thursday, February 26, 2004

This has been a pretty awful week. I got into my first accident on Tuesday. I am fine, so don't start to worry before you hear what happened. I was crossing the street on my bike, and being in a bit of a hurry to get back to school on time from my lunch break, I went into the street when the cross walk sign was flashing, which I knew meant it would turn red while I was in the intersection. This always leaves you plenty of time to finish crossing... well, normally. The cars started zipping around the corner making a left hand turn (in the US that would be a right hand turn, you can do it on a red light). One car stopped for me and a second car next to him didn't. I slammed on my breaks but still crashed into the forward side of the car. I fell off and laid there in the street for a minute (and this is the part that really makes me mad) the idiot drove off without checking to see if I was ok. It was completely his fault because I was in the cross walk and he was turning on a red light. But he drove off. I was stunned and just stood on the sidewalk for a minute while a bunch of Japanese people stared and tried to talk to me. My mind wasn't comprehending Japanese though so I just walked away. My bike is a little bent, but physically I am perfectly fine. It really scared me though. It's a good thing I wasn't hurt or I would have to pay for it and not get compensated by the guys insurance. That is the end of my little story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home